It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching Relax Salon Inglenook Energy Center Homes and Lifestyles Montessori School of Conifer R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc.

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:45 pm 

I am looking to buy a few tomato plants, from someone up here. Short season type so they fruit before the first freeze. And maybe some other short season vegetables too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:59 pm 

I have tried and failed for years with tomatoes up here. I would try one of the new plant/grow shops and see if they can help

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:17 pm 

oscar615 wrote:
I am looking to buy a few tomato plants, from someone up here. Short season type so they fruit before the first freeze. And maybe some other short season vegetables too.

Bailey Garden Center and there is a new place next to the Boulder Gas right off of 285. But honestly I have tried since i moved here in 95 with very little or no success. This year I got a coldframe and a greenhouse and its fabulous, everything exploding and so much fun to see it all finally grow. Its the only way to garden up here. A friend of mine helped me built the big coldframe, she also built her own huge greenhouse; then I built several smaller one's by myself. If i can do it everybody can. Good luck! Don't do what I did and waste 15 years :).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 am 

I have lots of locally grown plants. None are tomatoes or vegetables though. And to buy any you would need a doctors recommendation. From personal experience growing actual tomatoes up here, I would recommend Early Girl, it finishes comparatively early. When it comes to local grow stores, may I recommend Grow your Own. They are right by the yellow barn in Aspen Park and Leslie is a wonderful shopkeeper.

Delivering quality medical marijuana since 2006.