Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:50 am
Location: Beautiful 285 Corridor
| Hello Everyone!Welcome to the 2nd edition of the 285Bound.com Newsletter! The end of the year is a time of reflection on the past and promise for the future. In that spirit, we’ve decided to take a look back on some of what we’ve accomplished in 2011 and look ahead to what we can accomplish in 2012 with our biggest focus on our community support.
● Breaking News, New Organizations & Content
● Giving Back to the Community
● Missing Persons Service
● 285 Barnraisers Update
● 285Bound Adopt A Highway Clean-up
● Troop Support
● Useful Links: Traffic & Road Conditions, 285 Restaurants, Handy Sports Links
● Supporting Local Businesses/Economy
● ClosingIt’s been a busy and exciting year here at 285Bound. We’re proud to have been at the fore-front of bringing you the latest news and videos of important local events, such as the Board turnover during the May Intermountain Humane Society meeting. We’ve added new organizations: IMHS, Troop Support Action Committee, the Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce, and The Sanctuary Church, to help keep us all apprised of the latest happenings in the community. And for the coming year, we anticipate adding even more organizations and coverage of events with the goal being to make our online community as diverse and robust as the community in which we live.One of the core values of 285Bound.com is giving back to our community. In that spirit, we have donated over $1,500 to such groups as Evergreen Animal Protective League, Platte Canyon Little League, Deer Creek Elementary, Intermountain Humane Society, Colorado Pekes and Poms Rescue, 285 Barnraisers, Food Bank of the Rockies, and for sponsoring events like the Bailey Hundo, EAPL’s OktoberPets, and the 29th Annual Conifer Christmas Parade. In addition, we have donated to animal shelters in honor of lost pets, and will continue that program. Next up is the Conifer Chamber of Commerce’s FeBREWary fundraising event; stay tuned for more details!When a young woman went missing in this community, we helped spread the word as quickly as possible, and we witnessed an unprecedented pulling together of the community resulting in finding her the very same day. Witnessing neighbors helping neighbors was inspiring, as was the power of our community forums to share the information quickly and effectively. Should we ever face a similar situation in the future, we know how to implement such a search even more quickly, something we consider our duty in order to better serve our community.Speaking of neighbors helping neighbors, the 285 Barnraisers group proudly completed a major project this year
). As mentioned in our first newsletter, we made extensive repairs to a home of an elderly community member in dire need. After all was said and done, volunteers put in well over 180 man-hours of labor over a 2 month period, spent over $500 in materials, and had appliances donated by one member of the community and flooring donated and installed by one of our local businesses, Carpet Direct, in order to mitigate the extensive problems. And it didn’t end there. When this lady suffered another health set-back a month ago, 285Bound members stepped up and took in her dog while she was unable to care for her herself. We look forward to helping more in our community in this manner, and getting more businesses involved as well, so if you or anyone you know has a need, please email us ContactUs@285Bound.com!Outside Before and After Inside Before and After Finished!Beginning in less than 2 weeks, tentatively scheduled for January 8th pending the weather cooperating, 285Bound members and friends will do our first clean up of our newly Adopted stretch of Hwy 285 from Mariposa Dr to the entrance of Conifer at Meyer Ranch Open Space Park! We could use more volunteers (and the more the merrier!) so come on out and join us! There's a rumor that there will be cookies... We collected several boxes worth of goodies and much-desired items and sent them off to one of our members’ son’s troop in Afghanistan. It is imperative to us that we support our men and women serving our country and to that end, 285Bound will continue to look for additional ways in which we can support our troops. http://285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=14349And, of course, we continue to collect all the information you could want about a topic all in one place, like the:
● Traffic, Cams, & Road Conditions thread which contains traffic cameras, variable message signs, useful links and apps along with updates from members - share what you experience with us!
● our 285 Corridor Restaurants thread has all the restaurants along 285 from Morrison through Bailey, their menus, reviews from members, hours, and more!
● and our Handy Sports Links - News & Teams, Pro, College, & High School thread - gets news, schedules, events, and deals from your favorite local sports teams!
Finally, we continue to focus on supporting our local businesses and economy. Our unique advertising model allows you the members to directly interact with local businesses, ask them questions, and receive the latest coupons, deals and information, as if you were visiting them in person! Our Business Partners are uniquely promoted through Global Featured Business of the Week
announcements, Live Coverage of Events
, videos we create
about our businesses, our Facebook page
(475 fans strong and counting, with the potential to indirectly reach over 114,000 more through their shares of our posts!
), Twitter account
, and blog
. We've teamed up with the Conifer Chamber of Commerce
, and are actively involved in the Chamber's 285 Tourism Committee, to help promote our beautiful area, and 285Bound.com, to Coloradoans as a place to visit and enjoy the multitude of outdoor activities available, then shop, and dine, before heading back down the hill and home.
To that effort, we collected money in boxes set out at several local businesses for the previous and upcoming Mix 100 Dom and Jane Food Bank of the Rockies Charity Marathon
in an effort to provide for those in need and to help promote our area to their 250,000 listeners!It's an exciting time, with much more to do! We will continue to add more of the information that you want and need, hold ourselves to the highest standards of providing the swiftest, most accurate emergency information as we have been, and provide a place to interact with your neighbors and have some fun! Thank you for being a part of our site - you are what makes it work! Happy New Year and best wishes for happiness, health, and success in the coming year to all of you from all of us at 285Bound!
285Bound provides a growing web presence for businesses
to connect to both customers & community.Click Here
for more information. Contact us today for our business partner specials
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call (720) 608-0285
We would love to hear about your business and see how we can help you!