It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Post subject: Commuting Question
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:28 am 

Hello 285 Bound Members:

I was so happy to find this as I wanted to ask locals in the area about commuting. My husband and I are thinking of purchasing land and a home near FairPlay, CO, however, my job is in the Greenwood Village (DTC). I know the commute can be 90 minutes or more; but we currently live in North Adams County and I am already sitting in traffic for over an hour each day.

We have no children. Two dogs. We are not "city folk" in the sense where we are constantly going out to the bars, restaurants, shows etc. We enjoy the more simpler things in life.

My question is are there any commuters out there that live in FairPlay or surrounding that travel to/from Denver during the week for work? I make decent money, not $100K but decent.

How is 285 in the winter time? I heard that it can close a lot due to wind/snow. Any additional ways around it without having to go through Breckenridge? Just curious if anyone else makes this 85 one way mile commute daily into the city to enjoy unfiltered Colorado when they get home.

Thanks!
-Eddie

Post subject: Re: Commuting Question
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:35 pm 

Hi, Eddie,

SO glad to have you here. 285 in the winder can close a lot same as I-70. Our users usually will post to let each other know how the conditions are plus we post the conditions frequently. We will try to get some more answers for you shortly.

Welcome to the area and 285 Bound!

Check a fact before it becomes a fact.