It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:35 pm 

Hi 285 Bound Community,

My name is Katie Spodyak and I am a board member on the Platte Canyon School District Board of Education. There is currently a group going around the community that is working to recall me, as well as the other four school board members. I will not get into all of the details on this post.

As a board member I am limited to what I can say publicly and I can only speak for myself and not the board. I am reaching out to you, speaking for myself personally, and asking you to be informed before signing something. Another community group has put together a website to help bring truth to the issues the PACE group has raised. Feel free to check out savetheboard.com or just reach out to me personally.

I am happy to talk to anyone about any of the issues they have presented or anything else you are concerned about. Please don't hesitate to reach out and we can set up a time to chat. My email address is kspodyak@plattecanyonsd1.org. Please use that vs. private message as I may not see the private message.

I am proud of my time on the school board and I am proud of our school district. I feel so blessed that my husband and I are able to raise our sons in the community we grew up in. This recall effort will cost the school district and ultimately the taxpayers a lot financially. However, the costs of this recall effort to the school district, the community and our children go way beyond financial.

I believe there are more productive ways to collectively come together as a community to work toward solutions to our problems and make our district better. Platte Canyon School District has outstanding and passionate teachers, staff, administrators and parents. I see no reason we can’t work together for solutions instead of launching personal attacks on people.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Katie Spodyak