The Evergreen Animal Protective League was organized in April, 1981, to aid lost, abandoned and suffering animals through rescue, shelter and education. The League has provided a better life for over 8,000 cats and dogs. Some facts.
• We are totally volunteer. The majority of our members work during the day and do their volunteer work in the evenings and on weekends. There are NO paid employees.
• We are not supported by taxes. All funding comes from donations from the public, and from fund raising activities. We do not make money from adoption fees. Adoption fees do not even cover the cost of advertising the pet, let alone vet care, etc.
• Because we must raise our own funds to operate, we depend upon the Evergreen community for contributions and for volunteer assistance.
• We are a non-profit organization recognized for tax exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service. Our tax exempt number is 74-2204391. If you are contemplating donating to us you may use this number.
• We rescue and shelter (if space is available) abandoned pets.
• We adopt pets not claimed by anyone to new homes.
• We reunite lost pets with their owners through lost and found records.
• We assist financially with neutering of pets, and we educate pet owners about neutering whenever possible.
• We educate adults wherever possible about proper care of pets.
• We provide educational programs in the elementary schools.
• We provide pet registration tags for pets.
• We conduct fund raising activities to finance our programs.
• We are a good source for information on pet behavior problems, but do not consider ourselves a replacement for a veterinarian.
• We help animals in any way that we possibly can.
_________________Evergreen Animal Protective LeagueP.O. Box 2517
Evergreen, CO 80437
EAPL Thrift Store
27888 Meadow Drive
Evergreen, CO 80437
Shop hours are: Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. | Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. | Closed on Sunday Our WebsiteFollow Us On Facebook
Visit our 285Bound.com Forum Here!