It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

 




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 pm
Posts: 8
El Terrible wrote:
Cinnamongirl wrote:
I admit that is something I am not good at.


Wow...Usually youre always right and youre so stubborn about it. I like the new you


Does anyone else notice how mean he is to CG?


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:23 pm
Posts: 16683
Location: Colorado
I am used to it.

_________________
Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com and http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at http://www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

Check a fact before it becomes a fact.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:23 pm
Posts: 16683
Location: Colorado
BTW, a friend of mine said she saw Russell Wilson on Charlie Rose. She encouraged me to watch it as she was very impressed with how much his father had to do with his success and he still follows his father's advice.

_________________
Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com and http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at http://www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

Check a fact before it becomes a fact.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 pm
Posts: 126
Cinnamongirl wrote:
BTW, a friend of mine said she saw Russell Wilson on Charlie Rose. She encouraged me to watch it as she was very impressed with how much his father had to do with his success and he still follows his father's advice.

The joke in Seattle is that Russell Wilson is a robot. That is he's too good to be human. He's a genuinely nice guy and hard worker. A perfectionist. He's also a born leader.

His father used to get up Russell and his brother up at some ungodly hour in the morning to run pass patterns when they were young children.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:23 pm
Posts: 16683
Location: Colorado
Rigelian, the only problem is that he is young. It is to be determined if he is going to really pan out you know. VL, does have a point with the 206 yards.

_________________
Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com and http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at http://www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

Check a fact before it becomes a fact.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 pm
Posts: 126
Uh. VL has never had a point about Russell Wilson. For example, VL says he's the next Sanchez. Based on what? Certainly not on their NFL stats and certainly not on their NCAA stats. Comparing Wilson to Sanchez is the equivalent of comparing Andrew Luck to Sanchez. It simply doesn't fly.

But let me give you a little hint of what Seattle fans have seen for the last two years. First, RW makes few mistakes. In a Pete Carroll offense that's the highest priority. Wilson does that. Not a single turnover during the playoffs. The second priority is ball control. Again, Wilson does that. The Seahawks offense controlled the ball in the Super bowl. Now keep in mind that Wilson was doing this behind an offensive line that was rated the worst pass blocking line in the NFL this year. (Injuries keep 3 critical offensive linemen out of the Seahawk lineup for a considerable part of the season).

IOW, Wilson executes the Seahawks offense as designed. There is a reason why the Seahawks have not lost a game by more than 7 points since Wilson arrived here two years ago. In the few times the Seahawks have had to score a lot of points---he has delivered. The comback against Atlanta last year (coming back for 21 points down to take the lead); The 30+ points scored against the Colts.

As for the 206 yards. The Seahawks don't throw the ball that often because they don't have to. When they do throw it Wilson has a very high completion percentage, yards per attempt, low interception rate, and high passing numbers in general.

NFL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
• Tied Peyton Manning’s 1998 record for most TD passes by a rookie (26). Became the first rookie in NFL history to lead his team to an undefeated home record. Set a club record with a 100.0 passer rating - second-best ever by a rookie and 64.1 completion percentage was third all time.
• Set an all-time NFL record for a rookie at Miami with 16 consecutive completions. That game also marked his third-consecutive game with a 125.0 or better passer rating, also a record for a rookie. Became the first player in NFL history to record three rushing TDs and pass for a TD in the first half of a game (at Buffalo 12/16). Set franchise record for most rushing yards in a season by a QB (489), most rushing yards in a game (92) and most rushing TDs in a game (3) by a QB at Buffalo.

HONORS:
2012, NFC Pro Bowl; Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Year; Sports Illustrated Offensive Rookie of the Year.

COLLEGE:
Wilson started 50 consecutive games, throwing 379 consecutive passes without an interception to establish an NCAA Football Bowl Sub-division record.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:23 pm
Posts: 16683
Location: Colorado
75th overall in the draft. I will give you this, Brady was 199th and I have admired him for that but still.

_________________
Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com and http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at http://www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

Check a fact before it becomes a fact.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 pm
Posts: 126
Cinnamongirl wrote:
75th overall in the draft. I will give you this, Brady was 199th and I have admired him for that but still.


Brady was 199th overall in the draft because he was slow and didn't have the strongest arm in the world. Wilson was 75th in the draft because he was 5'10 5/8ths inches tall. This is from the report from the combine:


Overview

Wilson is this year's big-time question mark at quarterback. Unlike those who have held this title in the past, Wilson is a stellar passer who shows arm strength and accuracy when he is able to deliver the ball without a hitch. A transfer from North Carolina St. over the summer, he has outstanding football intelligence as he picked up the Wisconsin offense in a short time and was the opening-day starter. However, at his height teams will have concerns whether or not he can see to make the throws at the next level. He is a mechanical mover who has strong technique and leadership qualities. If Wilson were three inches taller there would be debate at the top of the draft as to where he fits in, but look for teams to take a flier on him in late rounds to see if he can develop and outplay his size.

Weaknesses
Wilson's height will be his biggest inhibitor at the next level and the largest reason for his late-round value. It remains to be seen if he can throw effectively from the pocket at the next level. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/russell-wilson?id=2532975


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:23 pm
Posts: 16683
Location: Colorado
Rigelian wrote:
Cinnamongirl wrote:
75th overall in the draft. I will give you this, Brady was 199th and I have admired him for that but still.


Brady was 199th overall in the draft because he was slow and didn't have the strongest arm in the world. Wilson was 75th in the draft because he was 5'10 5/8ths inches tall. This is from the report from the combine:


Overview

Wilson is this year's big-time question mark at quarterback. Unlike those who have held this title in the past, Wilson is a stellar passer who shows arm strength and accuracy when he is able to deliver the ball without a hitch. A transfer from North Carolina St. over the summer, he has outstanding football intelligence as he picked up the Wisconsin offense in a short time and was the opening-day starter. However, at his height teams will have concerns whether or not he can see to make the throws at the next level. He is a mechanical mover who has strong technique and leadership qualities. If Wilson were three inches taller there would be debate at the top of the draft as to where he fits in, but look for teams to take a flier on him in late rounds to see if he can develop and outplay his size.

Weaknesses
Wilson's height will be his biggest inhibitor at the next level and the largest reason for his late-round value. It remains to be seen if he can throw effectively from the pocket at the next level. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/russell-wilson?id=2532975



All I am saying, you cannot go by one year with a young QB. Jeez, look at what happened to a vet like Manning. I know you guys are all happy about what your team did but we were all thinking that we had the best offense ever. He is not proven. Look at KG3. He looked amazing and now he is sucking the same could happen. In ten years, let's have this convo.

_________________
Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com and http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at http://www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

Check a fact before it becomes a fact.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 pm
Posts: 126
Cinnamongirl wrote:
Rigelian wrote:
Cinnamongirl wrote:
75th overall in the draft. I will give you this, Brady was 199th and I have admired him for that but still.


Brady was 199th overall in the draft because he was slow and didn't have the strongest arm in the world. Wilson was 75th in the draft because he was 5'10 5/8ths inches tall. This is from the report from the combine:


Overview

Wilson is this year's big-time question mark at quarterback. Unlike those who have held this title in the past, Wilson is a stellar passer who shows arm strength and accuracy when he is able to deliver the ball without a hitch. A transfer from North Carolina St. over the summer, he has outstanding football intelligence as he picked up the Wisconsin offense in a short time and was the opening-day starter. However, at his height teams will have concerns whether or not he can see to make the throws at the next level. He is a mechanical mover who has strong technique and leadership qualities. If Wilson were three inches taller there would be debate at the top of the draft as to where he fits in, but look for teams to take a flier on him in late rounds to see if he can develop and outplay his size.

Weaknesses
Wilson's height will be his biggest inhibitor at the next level and the largest reason for his late-round value. It remains to be seen if he can throw effectively from the pocket at the next level. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/russell-wilson?id=2532975



All I am saying, you cannot go by one year with a young QB. Jeez, look at what happened to a vet like Manning. I know you guys are all happy about what your team did but we were all thinking that we had the best offense ever. He is not proven. Look at KG3. He looked amazing and now he is sucking the same could happen. In ten years, let's have this convo.


It's two years not one year. In his first year he tied the rookie record for passing touchdowns (tied Peyton Manning at 26); His passer rating was over 100. This year---pretty much the same thing. Another 26td passing year, tied the record for touchdowns passes in the first two years of their career (again with Peyton Manning). Interesting thing about it is that Wilson threw about 1/2 the interceptions that Manning did in his first two years.

Of course anything can happen in year 3, but there is no reason to suspect that he won't keep playing the way he has been playing---unless he gets injured. As for RGIII - he's sucking because of the injury and the fact that he was not on the same playbook as his coaching staff. I can easily explain RGIII's situation.

However, here's the thing---you say that VL is right... right about what? If you were to make a prediction now, would you say that Wilson is looking more like Sanchez or Manning. I know what the numbers say...what do you say?


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY