It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Post subject: For the Fiber Junkies
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:50 am 

On one of the knitting blogs I follow (and yeah, that means there's more than one and this will only get geekier), the author announced a contest to win a very, very yummy skein of Cashmere yarn from France that was in his stash. No real rules, totally subjective on his part, you just had to write why you wanted it and what you were going to do with it. (I took the totally selfish approach rather than altruistic because really, if I were to have a $55 skein of cashmere I'm sure not making something to give away. Nope. Part 2 of the saga occurred later in the week on another knitting blog (The Yarn Harlot for anybody who reads her - she's freakin' hysterical if you don't) when Steven of the first blog caused quite a ruckus over the official definition of lace. (Told you this would get geekier!) Over 1200 people jumped in immediately with their opinion - who knew people could feel so strongly about the definition of lace for cryin' out loud - so in a little fit of smart-assedness I posted basically that I would vote for whatever would win me that skein of cashmere over on Steven's blog.

Well, Steven read it and I won!! He especially liked that I went against my own principles on what defined lace on his behalf and for completely selfish reasons. He's just twisted enough that I've decided I love him madly. (And yes, the fact that I apparently have principles on the definition of lace has not escaped my notice and scares me just a little bit.)

Bottom line, it arrived yesterday, it's ooooooooooooh, oh so soft and 175 yards of deliciousness. I'm going to send him a skein of my handpainted alpaca/silk as a thank you. Haven't fully decided what to knit yet, I think first I'll just take it on tour and pet it a lot. First stop will be later this morning at the Knit Knook.

Any other over-the-top Fiber Junkies out there?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 pm 

Me. Only mine is all fiber.............still..................

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:43 pm 

Awesome, Rivendale Farms! Along with being a knitting forum/blog junkie I am also a knitting podcast junkie! I guess this is what happens when we have a fiber addiction!

" Horses are in almost every breath I take and watching them run and dance in the field takes my breath away. "

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:07 pm 

Awesome!

Most of my stash is the evil Red Heart, though I have some lovely bamboo/alpaca and some blue silk roving to spin someday.

Do you Ravelry.com? You should.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" Isaac Asimov

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:37 pm 

LH, bamboo/alpaca? Yum! Is it in your stash on Ravelry? I'm on there as RivendaleFarms.

Wildiris, I joined the Knitmore Girls podcast group on Ravelry, but turns out I actually don't know how to listen to them. Is there a way to download them? If so, I could swipe hubby's Ipod and listen on the drive to work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:02 pm 

Yes, I download them onto my i-tunes for free and then to my i-pod. Knitmore girls is my favorite but there are many many others

" Horses are in almost every breath I take and watching them run and dance in the field takes my breath away. "

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:18 am 

no, not yet - I didn't stash any yarn on there - would take too long.

I'm on there as crochetexaminer.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" Isaac Asimov

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 am 

Local_Historian wrote:
no, not yet - I didn't stash any yarn on there - would take too long.

I'm on there as crochetexaminer.

I added you as my friend!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm 

Cool beans!

I do tend to hang out in odd places there, I'll warn you now - like LSG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:38 pm 

I added you to my friends there as well! I don't hang out in too many groups there, odd or otherwise. I'm just finally getting around to getting projects and stash added in.