It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching Relax Salon Inglenook Energy Center Homes and Lifestyles Montessori School of Conifer R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc.

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

 




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am
Posts: 3720
I think you should disable nickname changes.

Pick a date, and everyone's stuck with what they've got on that day.

_________________
"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am
Posts: 3720
Everybody that matters wrote:
I think you should disable nickname changes.

Pick a date, and everyone's stuck with what they've got on that day.

Because it's amazing what you can do.

_________________
"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am
Posts: 3720
The only one that matters wrote:
Everybody that matters wrote:
I think you should disable nickname changes.

Pick a date, and everyone's stuck with what they've got on that day.

Because it's amazing what you can do.

Just by changing your profile.

_________________
"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am
Posts: 3720
Vice Lord wrote:
The only one that matters wrote:
Everybody that matters wrote:
I think you should disable nickname changes.

Pick a date, and everyone's stuck with what they've got on that day.

Because it's amazing what you can do.

Just by changing your profile.

You can pretend to be anyone

_________________
"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am
Posts: 3720
285Bound Official Top Dog wrote:
Vice Lord wrote:
The only one that matters wrote:
Everybody that matters wrote:
I think you should disable nickname changes.

Pick a date, and everyone's stuck with what they've got on that day.

Because it's amazing what you can do.

Just by changing your profile.

You can pretend to be anyone

You can give yourself any title,

_________________
"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am
Posts: 3720
Nobody that matters wrote:
285Bound Official Top Dog wrote:
Vice Lord wrote:
The only one that matters wrote:
Everybody that matters wrote:
I think you should disable nickname changes.

Pick a date, and everyone's stuck with what they've got on that day.

Because it's amazing what you can do.

Just by changing your profile.

You can pretend to be anyone

You can give yourself any title,

And the possibilities for abuse are truly mind boggling - especially since you can change your name to what someone who just changed their name changed it from.

_________________
"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:26 am
Posts: 2174
I agree...nick changes are ridiculous.

_________________
Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 8:00 am
Posts: 6361
Location: Golden, CO
The names have been changed to protect the guilty...






:Whistle


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:49 pm
Posts: 3717
But then, what would those people do who love to try and guess the real names behind the nicks?

They'd have to find something more constructive to do with their time. :Whistle

And locking the nicknames wouldn't prevent someone from just starting over with any nick they wanted, as in the examples above. It would solve nothing.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:03 pm
Posts: 1774
Good thing I decided not to change mine.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY