It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching Relax Salon Inglenook Energy Center Homes and Lifestyles Montessori School of Conifer R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc.

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

 




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 8:00 am
Posts: 6361
Location: Golden, CO
I would certainly not use those as an indication of anything regarding the real use of PMs.


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:33 am
Posts: 6116
archer wrote:
neptunechimney wrote:
major bean wrote:
Who did i accuse?


You accused "hateful clique members " and Archer assumes you are referring to libs.


did I say that?....I simply asked how he kn ew this, and stated that I personally had experienced nothing like that but wondered if he had. Hateful clique members could as easily apply to the conservative gang here....does it?????. Really, you seem obcessed with "libs" tonight.


Ah, yea, actually you did. Nowhere did I exclude hateful clique members from being on the right.

_________________
Image


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 am
Posts: 8813
neptunechimney wrote:
archer wrote:
neptunechimney wrote:
major bean wrote:
Who did i accuse?


You accused "hateful clique members " and Archer assumes you are referring to libs.


did I say that?....I simply asked how he kn ew this, and stated that I personally had experienced nothing like that but wondered if he had. Hateful clique members could as easily apply to the conservative gang here....does it?????. Really, you seem obcessed with "libs" tonight.


Ah, yea, actually you did. Nowhere did I exclude hateful clique members from being on the right.


and nowhere did I say you were referring to liberals, I simply stated that I didn't get those kind of PMs from liberals. Pretty defensive there....you have yet to say how you came to the conclusion that people were plotting in PMs....if not from personal experience then how do you know this, or were you just making it up? All the deflection going on here...how about just answering the question and clearing up any misunderstandings.

_________________
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:35 pm
Posts: 2610
archer wrote:
neptunechimney wrote:
archer wrote:
neptunechimney wrote:
major bean wrote:
Who did i accuse?


You accused "hateful clique members " and Archer assumes you are referring to libs.


did I say that?....I simply asked how he kn ew this, and stated that I personally had experienced nothing like that but wondered if he had. Hateful clique members could as easily apply to the conservative gang here....does it?????. Really, you seem obcessed with "libs" tonight.


Ah, yea, actually you did. Nowhere did I exclude hateful clique members from being on the right.


and nowhere did I say you were referring to liberals, I simply stated that I didn't get those kind of PMs from liberals. Pretty defensive there....you have yet to say how you came to the conclusion that people were plotting in PMs....if not from personal experience then how do you know this, or were you just making it up? All the deflection going on here...how about just answering the question and clearing up any misunderstandings.

Uhhh.......archer, you obviously do not know to whom you are replying. You are still posting as if you are replying to me. Please check the posts that you are quoting and realize that you are speaking to another person.

Please step back a little and separate your feelings from your posts and realize that neptunechimney is not me.

_________________
Regards,
Major Bean


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 8540
major bean wrote:
They sound pretty real to me. At times it turns my crank. I really don't like being a voyeur involuntarily and have to take cold showers to sober up sometimes.


rofllol :rofl Funniest post of the week!!! rofllol :rofl

_________________
Contentment is not the fullfillment of what you want, but the realization of what you already have.

http://www.numbersusa.com/


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 am
Posts: 8813
my apologies major bean....all the quoting of quotes gets confusing, especially on the tiny screen of a cell phone. You, major bean, were the one who brought up the hateful cliques, you were the one who stated that people were using PMs as rallying tools....you have yet to answer how you know this.

your post, in case you forgot

major bean wrote:
I suggest that one vast improvement for this forum would be to do away with the Private Message feature. It is used as a rallying tool for hateful clique members to rub each other's bellies. This creates a society of US against THEM.
I believe that the PM is a very bad tool and discourages individual/independent consideration and contemplation of an issue or discussion. GroupThink is a very polarizing thing.

_________________
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:35 pm
Posts: 2610
archer, I intentionally did not refer to liberals or conservatives. I personally know that PMing is used as a rallying tool because I have received PMs that were intended to involve me in certain controversies. I do not reply to such communications.

Now, that said, I am not nearly so naive as to think that the only animals in the world who succumb to group dynamic tools (PM) are conservative. That attribute of weakness is equally distributed in the human pathos.

So, I was referring to both sides of the equator.

But, we must keep in mind that there are only two types of people in the world; those who PM and those who don't.

_________________
Regards,
Major Bean


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 am
Posts: 8813
thanks for the answer....all I wanted was to know where you got the idea, because it seemed so off the wall to me.....I can't imagine asking for help, or support, from PMs, or giving it for that matter. the opinions posted here by me are my own, no one elses, no coercion, and no hateful clique behind me. Just what I think at any given moment in time.

_________________
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 8:00 am
Posts: 6361
Location: Golden, CO
Quote:
I personally know that PMing is used as a rallying tool because I have received PMs that were intended to involve me in certain controversies.


Sorry, but I cannot let this rant against PMs pass without comment. I have received emails that were intended to involve me in all sorts of things, therefore we should do away with email? - NOT!

PMs are exactly what the name implies - Personal Messages. They are another tool in the communications toolbox. Like any other tool, they can be used appropriately or inappropriately.

And, there are 10 kinds of people in the world....

those who understand binary, and those who do not :wink:


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:06 am
Posts: 3720
jf1acai wrote:
And, there are 10 kinds of people in the world....

those who understand binary, and those who do not :wink:


I really wish I could find out how many people read that and think "yeah, but what about the other 8?"

:biggrin:

_________________
"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln


Log in or register to leave comments.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY