It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching Relax Salon Inglenook Energy Center Homes and Lifestyles Montessori School of Conifer R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc.

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 pm 

Relationships are hard, but even harder when it's not what you want and you are trying to be someone you aren't, and same thing with your mate. Discover who you are first, enjoy that, and don't compromise or fool yourself that you, or they, will change. It is possible to change, but it takes a lot of effort, and pain, and desire to do so because the other person is worth it; that's why I see a lot of marriages ending, because they have unrealistic expectations of the other's willingness to make that effort, or their depth of love and commitment. When it does work out, it's awesome; but as the author says, it's not for everyone.

A Husband, A House, A Mortgage, A Baby, A Light Bulb Moment
Robin Amos Kahn
Posted: 09/01/2012
Quote:
I had it all. I had the American dream. I lived in a beautiful loft in the heart of SoHo (okay, I know some of you want the house and the picket fence, I wanted a loft in New York City).

And I had the baby, the most wonderful daughter. And two dogs. I had everything I'd ever dreamed of and I was deeply, deeply grateful.

It lasted until about a week after the wedding.

www.mymountaintown.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:44 pm 

Love it...

~~ "Nothing a man does takes him lower than when he allows himself to fall so low as to hate anyone." Martin Luther King, Sr.