It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching Relax Salon Inglenook Energy Center Homes and Lifestyles Montessori School of Conifer R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc.

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Post subject: Trying to find a horse
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:54 pm 

Looking for a horse for my Novice 10 yo grand daughter & adv beginner husband to ride. We had a free one - amazing horse - in Ohio & after we let her know we were serious, found out the owner didn't want it moved to Colorado, so I'm going to try again here in Colorado! :crossed:

we're willing to pay, but not alot... the horse will have a good home & be well cared for, but needs to be healthy & have absolutely NO bad habits - kid broke :wink: Looking for a horse under 15 yo as well... It will be ridden Western & on trails.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 pm 

Try Face book- Colorado Horse Owners, or your local horse rescue. There are so many horses that need good homes! Petfinders, :heart:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:00 pm 

MichiganGal wrote:
Try Face book- Colorado Horse Owners, or your local horse rescue. There are so many horses that need good homes! Petfinders, :heart:
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try... I've been checking horse rescues & haven't found anything yet. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:11 pm 

The horse industry is actually turning around some--good for sellers, notsomuch for buyers. There are fewer and fewer free or even cheap GOOD, sound, sane horses available right now. They are commanding their value at a higher rate again. The horse you are looking for is known as 'the perfect horse'-- or husband safe horse--in that anyone can ride them--kids and husbands especially. These horses always have been and still are, worth their weightt in gold! No one wants their child to be injured, right?

All that said, there is an organization out of state--PA maybe, I forget, that rescues horses from the killer buyers at auction. Prices run anywhere from $200-maybe $700 or 800 for good horses as you describe. I access them on Facebook so not sure if you are on there. If you are, go here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AC4H-Bro ... 9729896883 and if you aren't, maybe join just for that and then get off once you find a horse (?). I hope you find a good one and remember, Fall is the best time to buy and Spring is the best time to sell. Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:21 pm 

:Off Topic

Sorry, but I can't resist. 'Husband safe' ? That is a pretty high bar!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:23 pm 

I know! Funny term, isn't it? Hey, Happy Retirement to you! (No reason to go to the correct thread, right?) LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:37 pm 

Thank You! :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:03 pm 

LopingAlong wrote:
The horse industry is actually turning around some--good for sellers, notsomuch for buyers. There are fewer and fewer free or even cheap GOOD, sound, sane horses available right now. They are commanding their value at a higher rate again. The horse you are looking for is known as 'the perfect horse'-- or husband safe horse--in that anyone can ride them--kids and husbands especially. These horses always have been and still are, worth their weightt in gold! No one wants their child to be injured, right?

All that said, there is an organization out of state--PA maybe, I forget, that rescues horses from the killer buyers at auction. Prices run anywhere from $200-maybe $700 or 800 for good horses as you describe. I access them on Facebook so not sure if you are on there. If you are, go here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AC4H-Bro ... 9729896883 and if you aren't, maybe join just for that and then get off once you find a horse (?). I hope you find a good one and remember, Fall is the best time to buy and Spring is the best time to sell. Good luck! :)

Another Facebook page that is out east is Camalot, they post an album of available horses in NJ but have other rescues on their wall. They are also helpful with transport. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CamelotHorseWeekly
I have to agree, that a "Bomb Proof", horse is hard to come by, even know there isnt such a thing! Remember they are or came from wild animals and are animals of flight when in danger. Good luck I hope you find just the right horse for your family!