It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 pm 

Based on my unofficial count, I agree cigarette butts were the main offender by far (with many empty cigarette packs as well). And that is a very scary thought for up here in the mountains! Plus, they are small and a pain to pick up.

Next worse would be beer cans (plus many various liquor bottles) which is also a very scary thought!

After that it was plastic water bottles and soda bottles. Also fast food drink cups and bags.

Next would be various broken auto parts, and tire treads.

Found several license plates which I guess could be traced, and even a prescription bottle with all the info on it.

Don't think we found any guns or knives.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 pm 

We could put a car together with all the parts found.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:36 pm 

Wow....sounds like you had quite a productive day. Amazing what you "found" along the highway, but not particularly surprising. People can be such pigs sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:29 am 

archer, not to generlize, but "sometimes"?

I didn't bring my kids up that way, why? IMHO, NO RESPECT for anything, or anybody.

"I didn't know I was a conservative when it didn't matter to me growing up."-Herman Cain
"I'm to BLESSED, to be Stressed." - Unknown, "OK, I'm trying!!!"- Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:18 am 

Honestly, I was expecting much worse. I'm not surprised by human behavior; disappointed yes, surprised no. I've never tossed anything out of my car window and would tan my kids' hides if I ever caught them doing that. After our pick-up I got to talking with a friend at the cookout at MsMAMs about other countries and their cleanliness. Singapore is spotless, in Switzerland government crews wash and brush the streets clean by hand - why don't we as Americans take pride in our country/land and treat it better? I'm not expecting an answer, just wondering out loud...

I actually had a good time picking up the trash. It was a beautiful day for a walk in the mountains, and it felt good to be doing something productive for our neighborhood and environment. We'll have to get back out and finish up, I'm guessing it'll be late September/early October (before the leaves fall would be good!).

www.mymountaintown.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:35 am 

TPP wrote:
archer, not to generlize, but "sometimes"?

I didn't bring my kids up that way, why? IMHO, NO RESPECT for anything, or anybody.

It's hard to comment on this, it makes no sense. What is your issue? Are you complaining about the use of the word "sometimes", do you not think that people act like pigs sometimes? Or did you want me to remove the word sometimes, but that isn't what I think, most people are very respective of laws, and others, but "sometimes", some people aren't. So who here has no respect? me, people on the highway?, you? Really TPP, explain yourself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7