It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Post subject: barnraisers/facebook
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:41 pm 

I do not face book much and only go there when I get an E-mail notification. I only check my e-mail sometimes so I hope this is not time late.

There is a thread on fencing for horses. I tried to respond to the thread but for some reason my keystrokes lag the screen by several seconds. So that makes it impossible for me to communicate there. I need someone to forward this to the people who need a horse fence on a budget.

20+ years ago I need needed to fence an acre or two because my wife needed a horse or 4. At that time I found that an electrified high tensile fence to be the easiest and most cost effective. It only requires 4 corner posts and 8 braced reinforcement posts.

I was talking to a septic guy on what they do in winter. They built fires on top of the tanks to thaw the ground before digging.

If pounding t posts thru frozen ground proves to be impractical and high tensile is still economic, then burning through the frozen ground at 4 corners seems much more feasible than dozens of t-posts spots. I have lots of what I think are dry pine needles. :wink:

I will help if I am available.

Post subject: Re: barnraisers/facebook
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:46 pm 

Thanks for the info Neptune! I'll pass it along, and I was thinking we'd post the event here once we know for sure that it's going to happen. This info just might do that!

www.mymountaintown.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:11 pm 

neptunechimney wrote:
I do not face book much and only go there when I get an E-mail notification. I only check my e-mail sometimes so I hope this is not time late.

There is a thread on fencing for horses. I tried to respond to the thread but for some reason my keystrokes lag the screen by several seconds. So that makes it impossible for me to communicate there. .

:Off Topic
NC try a different browser, I get the same thing in IE, Google Chrome works just fine.

“We're developing a new citizenry. One that will be very selective about cereals and automobiles, but won't be able to think.”
― Rod Sterling

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm 

Grady wrote:
neptunechimney wrote:

There is a thread on fencing for horses. I tried to respond to the thread but for some reason my keystrokes lag the screen by several seconds. So that makes it impossible for me to communicate there. .

:Off Topic
NC try a different browser, I get the same thing in IE, Google Chrome works just fine.

change browsers? Icon for hair on fire. I do appreciate the input but .............that terrifies me. I use the Web, I do not understand it. After any change I anticipate a blue screen and a visit from the geek squad.

I do appreciate the input and if I live long enough will most likely take it. Thanks.