It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:08 pm 

Yes, the Peace Shelter and our resale store does/will take furniture donations. Our shelter residents are able to choose items to furnish their new homes and we can sell items at our store, too.

We are waiting until our store is ready to accept donations. I do have one family who just left for her new home who needs some items, so feel free to call the shelter to see if what you have is something she may need. 303-838-7176.

Thank you!

See you all tomorrow! Get ready to CLEAN!!! Fun!!!! :faint: :biggrin: :sunshine:

303-838-7176

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm 

I have a decent couch and loveseat that I need to find a home for. I will give you guys a call tomorrow.
I hope they find a good home with one of your families.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:29 pm 

Cool, Becky. Thank you!

And thank you to all who have come out to help so far. The place looks VERY different already! We have had some very diligent people scrubbing grease (found out that BBQ cleaner works pretty good) and it is coming together! The pinkyish room is almost completely painted--after scrubbing off the filth. I will have much more paint for Monday, so Cheri--looking forward to seeing you and any other 285 bound peeps! Rock on! We greatly appreciate everyone's help and efforts!
BTW--we are looking for a 11' 6" x 19' 6" piece of carpet (and padding)--earth tones preferred--for an office. Once this room is painted and carpeted (it sounds like an echo chamber without it) we can start moving the office furniture over. How cool!
Thanks again--will keep you posted!
Peace,
Kathy

303-838-7176

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 am 

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get up to Bailey in time to help yesterday, but here are pictures of what's happened since last Wednesday - the place is really coming along!

Kathy would be most grateful to have more help today and tomorrow finishing up painting and cleaning if you are available, again from 9am-1pm. She's hoping to move Friday so if you have a truck, BONUS!, if not, bring your muscles! :biggrin:

The classroom - still needs a lot of lovin'

The old kitchen (hood removed)

The strangest space ever...

The big open meeting/event room

Administrative offices

Executive office

www.mymountaintown.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 am 

One more cup of coffee and I am on my way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 pm 

I will check our warehouse and see if I can find a piece of carpet that will work for you.

Give me a call at 303-816-2273

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am 

I have a piece of carpet for you. Give me a call and we can work out how to get it in.
303-816-2273

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:11 pm 

Becky donated a beautiful piece of carpet and had her guys install it today! It looks awesome, and the guys got it done really fast so we could start moving furniture in today. Thanks Becky! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:02 am 

No thanks necessary. There is no more deserving group of folks than the Mountain Peace Shelter.
Thanks for all you guys do bootlegger. The Barnraisers are such a gift to this community.
Thx to 285bound for getting the message out so we could help.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:39 pm 

:sunshine: Yes, Becky, it is truly beautiful! :faint: I love your comment: Ask and ye shall receive. So far with this project, that is how it has gone! Thanks to you and all who are helping!!!! It takes a mountain village to make this happen. Below is a status update on our "barn":

Stuff is moved (thank you SO much, Ed, Bootlegger, Pacamom, MsMam, Deb, and more!). Neptune Chimney has been sharing is painting skills with us as well! Cheri did a fantastic job painting!!! (Nice to see you again, girlfriend!) And Becky from Carpet Direct contacted us last week and started out the conversation with "The installers are coming Friday"--and they DID with a beautiful piece of carpet for an office. We have been visiting our friends at Moore Lumber at least 1-4 times a day since we started--they rock!!! Craig LaGrow with Evergreen Computers (he's da man!!) came in special over the weekend --even while not feeling well--to help move our computers so we would be ready for Monday. Wow! Is that our community or what?!!

Drywall dust is everywhere as we build a new office space. Thank you, Jim, Jerry, and Len, who have worked all weekend on this!!! Thanks to everyone's help, we have made AMAZING progress on our ambitious project! Still a bit more work to go, but we WILL get 'er done so staff can function again in our new office space and get our new resale store open and ready for the public!

I want to thank everyone who is patiently waiting with their treasures to donate for our store. It would not be practical to accept items yet as we would have to be constantly moving them around the contruction/destruction. Getting there!

Current needs:
We should have more paint in the next couple of days for the last few spaces to be painted. There are many talented painters out there!
We do need someone to mud and tape the office drywall and prepare it for painting.
Oh, the scrubbing of walls and floors does seem to be endless. Come on down! Someone will be there the next couple of days all day (9-5). Call if you or a group would like to schedule a special time to come over (see numbers above). Thank you for you help!!!!

303-838-7176