It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:33 pm 

the hiker with the most miles will get a $50 Kingsoopers giftcard!!! (donated by 285bound)

Next Saturday August 28, 9am Brookside McCurdy Trailhead -
Hike for Barry's Health $2 per mile (or whatever you feel appropriate) - Please bring plenty of water, some snacks and GOOD SPIRITS!!! See you there.

We have such a great community here in Bailey PLEASE PLEASE help, with this cause if you haven't done so already. 285bound has graciously offered to match our donations up to $500 - we still have a ways to go.

here is a link for directions: http://www.go-colorado.com/Brookside-McCurdy-Trail/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:01 pm 

Great idea! This should be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:34 pm 

Super idea! I would be honored to help any way I can! I will send you a PM.

I'm here because I love where I live and play!

If everybody was like me than I would be like everybody.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:37 pm 

Where is this trailhead....I don't do a lot of hiking but I do love to hike. I will be there as will my husband!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:07 am 

Chocolove, that is wonderful; looking forward to see you Saturday. I posted a link with directions to the trailhead in my earlier posts. But it is off the frontage road down in Bailey, when you turn left at the postoffice and keep going stay left at the "Y" and follow the dirtroad for a few miles then you'll see the sign for the trailhead on your left. We'll meet there at 9am. HOpe this helps. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:07 am 

chocolove wrote:
Where is this trailhead....I don't do a lot of hiking but I do love to hike. I will be there as will my husband!

here is a link for directions again: http://www.go-colorado.com/Brookside-McCurdy-Trail/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 am 

I so wish I could go. But I have a graduation and birthday party up in Loveland that day. Good luck to everyone and have fun.

http://www.numbersusa.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 am 

OK people, it's on for me!!! See my post viewtopic.php?f=92&t=3251
To help encourage hikers, I will go as far as the strongest hiker can go!!! How many miles can you go in a day? Lets get the donations up and the miles in! I will be the one there with the hiker(s) who walk the most miles so nobody is alone.
I have been hiking virtually every weekend for nearly 2 years. This year I have reached 14 mountain summits, most over 13,000 feet elevation. I just got back from 10 days/100 miles of backpacking! Just last weekend I reached the summit of two thirteeners. Last year I hiked 9 fourteeners. Overall I hiked over 35 summits since 2008, 10 of which are fourteeners.
I will make sure the hiker(s) who walk the most miles come back safely. Safety is most important, so I will also decide when to call off the hike even if you're not tired.

I'm here because I love where I live and play!

If everybody was like me than I would be like everybody.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:58 pm 

AlpineMike - thank you so much for helping with this!

I just saw this reply on your topic on PC (from BillieRea) "Mike, I'd join you in a heartbeat!!! But, I work Friday night until 4am Saturday morning... I don't think you'd want me there on that little sleep :-)

I'll pledge $2 donation per mile for you!!! I think this is an awesome cause and I wish you all the best of luck!!!"

this is awesome - thank you both!!! Mike, you better HIKE.....

Lastly, the Gordons want to express their heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you helping with this, they so very much appreciate it!!

I want to thank you all, including 285bound, personally of course as well! Hope to see many more on Saturday!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:41 am 

Rosie from Mills Mountaineering in Pine Junction asked me to post this

Brad (my husband) will be at the hike. We also want to donate using sales in our store. So for every purchase over $20 we will donate $10 to the cause!

Thanks so much to Mills Mountaineering :thumbsup: