It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 pm 

On Monday, a colleague of mine lost her house when it burned down and she and her family lost EVERYTHING!

I am collecting donations. They are in need of clothing, winter coats, shoes, winter boots, non-perishable foods, toys, kitchen stuff, furniture, etc.

Little Girls: Size 24 months

Little Boys: Size 3T
Shoes 5 ½

Boys: Size 14 to 16 Shirts
Size 12 Pants
Shoes 5 ½

Womens: Size Large Shirts
Size 16 Pants
Shoes 8 1/2 Ladies

Women: Size Medium to Large Shirts
Size 12-14 Pants
Shoes 9 1/2

Mens: Size XL to 2XL Shirts
Size 40/32 Pants
Size 10 Shoes

I will be collecting donations (the smaller items like clothing and food) this weekend so that I can deliver them to this family on Monday. If you have larger items you would like to donate and you wouldn't mind holding onto it for a bit until the family can formulate a plan and find a place to store it, we'd love to hear about that, too. If you have some gently used items you can share, you could be a HUGE blessing to this family. No amount of help is too small when you've lost everything.

You can PM me, or you can call me at 303.921.3810 and we can make arrangements to pick up/drop off.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and support!

Jamie
Licensed Zumba Instructor
www.zumbawithjamie.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:42 pm 

Can we really help here? Ideas are welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:25 pm 

Ideas: That stuff you've been saying you would sell in the next garage sale, the closets that don't have enough hangers because you really need to clean out the stuff you (or your significant other/kids) haven't worn in a while...

When a family loses literally EVERYTHING - the things we take for granted on a daily basis - anything will be welcome.

Let's step up and help these folks. That's what we do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 am 

Howdy, folks! The response from our 'lil mountain community has been awesome! So many of you have stepped up, I'm trying to think of ways to streamline the drop off/pick up process. So here goes...

I will be in the parking lot in front of IMHS (in the same area of the Cruz In, Panda Garden, etc.) on Sunday from 3pm until around 4pm. If folks could swing by at that time to drop off your donations, that would be fabulous! I can only take the smaller items at this time...clothes, linens, smaller toys/stuffed animals, food, etc. If you have larger items to donate, please send me your contact info and we'll make arrangements to pick that stuff up after the holiday once the family has has a chance to develop a plan regarding where they'll be staying and how they can store the larger items until a new home is ready to go.

If those of you who abslutely cannot make that time or place could call me to set up a separate time/place I will do everything I can to accommodate you.

Thank you so much for your generous and giving hearts...this is why I love living up here...

Jamie
www.zumbawithjamie.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:37 pm 

I'll see you tomorrow, and thanks for helping this family.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 pm 

If someone can't make it at 3 what our options?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:54 pm 

My truck was filled to the brim today when I left the parking lot... :woo hoo:

Thank you SO much for your generosity!

I will be in touch after the holiday with an update and we can start talking about how we can get the larger items to this family.

Have a VERY BLESSED Thanksgiving, y'all!

Jamie
www.zumbawithjamie.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:56 pm 

Howdy, folks! I wanted to check in and let you know I haven't forgotten about those of you who still have items to donate to my colleague's family. The family is in the process of getting their heads around everything that's been donated to date so they can assess their needs. We can then work to "fill in the holes." I will be in touch soon. Thank you for your patience...I'm just trying not to overwhelm this family anymore than they already are.

Jamie
www.zumbawithjamie.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 pm 

wsyoucwby wrote:
Howdy, folks! I wanted to check in and let you know I haven't forgotten about those of you who still have items to donate to my colleague's family. The family is in the process of getting their heads around everything that's been donated to date so they can assess their needs. We can then work to "fill in the holes." I will be in touch soon. Thank you for your patience...I'm just trying not to overwhelm this family anymore than they already are.

I have many things from nice dishes to food and more. Let me know when they have a place for it.

http://www.numbersusa.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:03 pm 

Will do, Viking, thank you!

Jamie
www.zumbawithjamie.com