It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:04 am 

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:
MsMAM wrote:
freebird wrote:
<snip> I was surprised that he quoted Cindy Manning's comment made in the Members' meeting that 99% of the members in attendance had never volunteered or been there before that evening. I know most of the members there had either/both volunteered in some way at the shelter (some in past years), donated, fostered, and/or adopted their pets from the shelter. The reporter was told this but it seems he decided not to include it in the article.

<snip>

Yeah - that comment kinda made me mad. It was a bad generalization. I know I have volunteered for the shelter a touch, and I have a vested interest in pets. I think she was just mad that they were being called on their decisions. Well, I think that was just too bad. The bottom line is the community spoke. There were a a lot of us that wondered why they had put all of those cats down. Especially w/o asking for help. To be honest - I am sorry the one gal gave up here seat instead of Cindy. That's my $.02

I chuckled when I heard someone in the meeting respond to that comment with "we put on a new roof" . I was part of that, we painted the entire shelter inside and replaced a rotten, leaky roof over a storage barn, along with installing a sink, cleaning, repairing a leaky sink, etc. It was a "Barn Raising" action, organized by one of the newest board members, Steve. http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 65&start=0

Funny - that was me, kiddo. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 pm 

right on, girl!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:15 pm 

right on, girl!

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82665&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=132

And here are pics of a bunch of us. Of course, I have my Marshall hat on.

The barnraisers rock. I have a facebook page of it - if anyone would like to join for info. Its is 285 barnraisers. I don't go onto pinecam anymore, so I needed some place to get info. I have met some pretty wonderful people. I am a lucky gal. I like the pic of Ed, me, Paca, and Ridge just watching. :lol: I am amazed I crawled up there as I am terrified of heights. It is where Steve-o met Wendy, so I think that is pretty cool too.

:Off Topic So Sorry

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:41 pm 

I thought the same thing but someone said that Steve-O knew Wendy before that, but maybe that adventure helped to seal the deal. and Ridgewalker...you gotta love a woman with her own tool belt and hardhat!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm 

MsMAM wrote:
right on, girl!

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82665&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=132

And here are pics of a bunch of us. Of course, I have my Marshall hat on.

The barnraisers rock. I have a facebook page of it - if anyone would like to join for info. Its is 285 barnraisers. I don't go onto pinecam anymore, so I needed some place to get info. I have met some pretty wonderful people. I am a lucky gal. I like the pic of Ed, me, Paca, and Ridge just watching. :lol: I am amazed I crawled up there as I am terrified of heights. It is where Steve-o met Wendy, so I think that is pretty cool too.

:Off Topic So Sorry

I ,for one, love when threads go a little of topic and get a life of their own.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9