It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching Relax Salon Inglenook Energy Center Homes and Lifestyles Montessori School of Conifer R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc.

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:52 am 

Thanks for taking the time to post this information.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 am 

The organizers from Save Intermountain Animals were prepared,professional and articulate at the meeting last night.Most of all they were successful.Every one should watch the video to see how to make change work at the community level. 5 new board members were elected over the strenuous objections of the existing board. My thanks to all the people that attended and worked so hard to make the needed changes. For the most part the existing board was polite and reasonable and they also have my thanks for their hard work.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:02 am 

I hope the new board will consider keeping us all updated on the changes.

" If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, 'The good outnumber you, and we always will," Patton Oswalt

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 am 

I commend Wendy & Steve, and all the other dedicated folks that worked hard to make positive change from within. I must admit, I did not have the patience for this; but I am glad that we have some that are.

I agree with Chickaree, IMHS can go a LONG way in rebuilding good will by keeping the community informed and doing so on ALL available sites up here. I hope the policy of NO communication to 285bound is changed as well. We all care and we all want information. Thanks to all.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:40 am 

Hey we have a animal/pet page to get the word out with as well. We would LOVE to work with IMHS if they are willing.

I am very happy to see this change.

Check a fact before it becomes a fact.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:34 am 

Science Chic,
I'm not clear, were the new elected members in addition to the existing board (less whichever 2 vacancies there were) or are they replacing the existing board? I checked the IMHS site, it's not updated yet. Were you able to come away with a complete board list that's current?

Also, thank you so much for taking the time to do this and keep us informed!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:40 am 

sent you an email, Sal...of course, there are BYLAWS outlining when/where/how board members come up for renewal - every so many years with a full moon on your mother's birthday except in cases where it is also a leap year, yadayadayada(bureaucracy... even as anal as I am, I find that I have little patience for it, even though it appears to be a necessarily evil in our world). We'll be able to see once they finish converting the video, hopefully by end of today.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:42 am 

Thanks for posting this and thanks to the SIA for trying to make some much needed changes !

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:49 am 

RivendaleFarms wrote:
Science Chic,
I'm not clear, were the new elected members in addition to the existing board (less whichever 2 vacancies there were) or are they replacing the existing board? I checked the IMHS site, it's not updated yet. Were you able to come away with a complete board list that's current?

Also, thank you so much for taking the time to do this and keep us informed!

2 new members and 3 were replaced . There is a total of 9 now

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 am 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv9ARznJAck[/youtube]

We're still trying to load the video of the whole meeting, but here's a taste of what happened last night!

www.mymountaintown.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next