It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners   Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
All the Right Moves Dance American Restoration Anytime Fitness Applicable Life Coaching by Dr. Mike Cabin Creek Barbecue Colorado Taekwondo Institute (CTI) Diane Glover, Keller Williams Foothills Realty Holistic Horse Training Firewise Pro Inglenook Energy Center Montessori School of Conifer Paragon Martial Arts Peak Academy of Dance Pet Tips Bound R & R Roofing & Siding, Inc. Relax Salon Taspen's Organics & Holistic Wellness Center

For partnership opportunities email-partners@285bound.com

Post subject: Fitness Matters
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:43 pm 

Anytime Fitness - Conifer
10875 U.S. Hwy 285, D-101
Conifer, CO 80433
coniferco@anytimefitness.com

Fitness Matters
"Little Ditties” by Jack & Dyanne
Expert answers to your health and wellness questions

Question: I know I burn a lot of calories during my workout, but I’ve read that the calorie burn continues even after my workout is done. Is this really true?

Answer: Yes—this is true. This phenomenon is termed EPOC, or excess post-exercise oxygen consumption. It’s important to note that the calories your body burns is directly related to the amount of oxygen your body uses to function on a daily basis. Therefore, the more oxygen you consume, the more calories you burn. Many people will have you believe that doing high-intensity (or prolonged) exercise will turn you into an oxygen-consuming, fat-burning machine for the next 24-48 hours afterward. Unfortunately, research has proven this isn't the case. Your metabolic rate is clearly elevated during exercise, but will gradually start to decline after your workout. The pace at which you return to baseline is determined by the duration and intensity of the exercise. The longer and harder you go, the longer it will take for your metabolic rate to return to normal. EPOC refers to the extra oxygen consumed (and, therefore, calories burned) during this timeframe. Unfortunately, despite the claims, EPOC doesn’t contribute significantly to total daily energy expenditure. The calories burned DURING your workout session are what you need to be concerned with...along with just being more active throughout the rest of your day!

Question: I was at the gym the other day and saw someone drinking a sports drink during their workout. Is this really needed if you’re only in the club for a typical one-hour workout?

Answer: The short answer is no! The average person, who works out for 60 minutes or less, will need nothing more than water to get them through their workout. Your body has all the fuel it needs to exercise for that long, especially if you start the workout well-fueled—and you should! It really comes down to your goals, and the type of workout you’re doing in order to reach those goals. If optimal performance is your focus, or if the planned workout is very intense or longer in duration, then sports drinks are a wise choice. In these instances, your body will need the extra calories and electrolytes. In fact, research has proven this over and over again. If you have additional questions related to sports drinks and performance, then contact a sports dietitian or personal trainer.

Question: I keep reading articles about functional strength training, and the importance of doing full-body, multi-joint movements to maximize results. If this is the latest trend, does it mean that I should stop using the machines at my club?

Answer: Absolutely not! There are numerous strength training methods and modalities, and they all serve a purpose. Machines are perfect for beginners, since they often need guidance on proper exercise form. They’re also beneficial for those looking to strengthen particularly weak areas, since they allow you to isolate individual muscle groups. If you’re a big fan of functional workouts, and you typically do more full-body, multi-joint exercises, that’s great. However, even in this case, machines can provide some additional flexibility in your workout routine. After all, you want to continually challenge the body by changing up your program on a regular basis. Bottom line—the ideal workout program incorporates all of the training methods that are currently available, and this certainly includes exercise machines. The more varied your strength training program is, the better level of fitness you’ll achieve!

Jack Miller and Dyanne Singler are Certified Personal Trainers at Anytime Fitness - Conifer.

Anytime Fitness – Conifer’s premier 24 hour health club with over 1300 locations worldwide.

http://www.anytimefitness.com/en-us/clu ... ealth-club

Always open. Our staffed hours are:
MON & TUES 11:00AM - 8:00PM | WED & THUR 9:00AM - 7:00PM | FRI 10:00AM - 5:00PM | SAT 10:00AM - 2:00PM | SUN By Appointment

Visit our 285Bound.com Forum here!

Post subject: Re: Fitness Matters
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:32 pm 

P-90 -X scam or real?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:50 pm 

Anything that will get you off the couch is a good thing. I've tried a few of the sessions and it was a great workout. Again, the bottom line is, you have to do it to see results. I think the trouble with home gyms, tapes, DVD's, is that when you are at home, there are too many distractions and excuses not to do it. Not too many have the discipline to be consistent and make fitness a regular part of their lives. So join a gym, keep your workout gear in the car, and stop at the gym before work or on your way home. Invest in yourself, even if it's only for 30 minutes a day. The human body was meant to move, so whatever choice you make, whether it's the home gym, DVD's, the great outdoors, or the gym, just get up and do it.

MON & TUES 11:00AM - 8:00PM | WED & THUR 9:00AM - 7:00PM | FRI 10:00AM - 5:00PM | SAT 10:00AM - 2:00PM | SUN By Appointment

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 pm 

I've driven by but haven't stopped in , what equipment and services do you have?

Post subject: Fitness Matters
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:34 pm 

AnyTime Fitness is a 24/7 access club with reciprocity at over 1300 clubs. We have private changing rooms with showers, cardio equipment with tv's and i-pod docking stations, spin bikes, selectorized Lifefitness, free weights, benches, etc. Also is Fitness on Request, an automated kiosk with on demand classes such as kickboxing, yoga, spin, just legs, etc. Please stop by to check us out or call for an appointment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:29 am 

hello jack!

How are you and the gang doing?